PLANT ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES SA is a spin-off of INPL-ENSAIA (Institute of Technology) of Lorraine in Nancy, in France. The privately owned company was founded in July 2005 by Pr. Frédéric Bourgaud, Pr. Eric Gontier, both INRA-INPL specialists on plants secondary metabolites and biotechnology, and Jean-paul Fèvre, former seeds Research Director in EURALIS Group.
PAT project received support from :
- OSEO-ANVAR, French National Agency for Research Valorisation through university transfer technology subsidies.
- The Valorisation Office of INL, Nancy.
- INPL-ENSAIA, Nancy, Technology Valorisation Office and hosting laboratory.
- INCUBATEUR LORRAIN, regional start-up nursery in Nancy. It helps private entrepreneurs to build-up start-up from public research activities.
- The Lorraine Regional Council, Metz (PRCE).
- TOTAL Group, the multinationla energy company (help to start-up).
PLANT ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES SA rents INPL-ENSAIA greenhouse and phytotron to develop its research. Another larger greenhouse in the sourroundings of Nancy is setup to develop the production pilot.